PARTAKERS OF DIVINE NATURE - PART 4
SATURDAY 13 MAY 2023
It's absolutely clear and wonderful that God wants His people to grow and mature in faith as partakers of divine nature. For that reason, He gave us everything we require to live a godly life on earth. Everything here also entails the faith and righteousness we received at the point of salvation. Nothing came from us, and Peter the apostle testified to this truth at the beginning verses of 2nd Peter.
It reads: "Simon Peter, a servant and emissary of Jesus the Anointed One, to those who have received the same precious faith we share through the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus the Anointed. I wish you a full measure of grace and peace as you grow in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord" (2nd Peter 1:1-2 Voice). As you study both verses carefully, you'll understand that indeed, everything about our salvation came from God; the precious faith, the righteousness of God, His grace and peace and more below!
Reference: 2 Peter 1:4 New Living Translation (NLT) "And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."
Saint Peter acknowledged that His divine power has given us everything we need to experience life and to reflect God's true nature through the knowledge of the One who called us by His glory and virtue. Through these things (His glory and excellence), we have received God's great and valuable promises, so we might escape the corruption of worldly desires and share in the divine nature (the Voice).
Now the comprehensive list of the great and precious promises from the true source which is the Word of God is:
1. Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV) - But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
2. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
3. Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
4. Romans 8:28 (NLT) - And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
5. Isaiah 54:10 (NIV) - "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
6. Isaiah 54:14,17 (NLT) - You will be secure under a government that is just and fair. Your enemies will stay far away. You will live in peace, and terror will not come near. But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!
7. James 1:5 (NIV) - If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
8. James 4:7 (NET) - So submit to God. But resist the devil and he will flee from you.
9. Malachi 3:10 (NKJV) - "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."
10. Luke 6:38 (NASB) - "Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."
11. Mark 11:24 (NCV) - So I tell you to believe that you have received the things you ask for in prayer, and God will give them to you.
12. Philippians 4:19 (AMP) - And my God will liberally supply (fill until full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
13. 1 Peter 2:24 (AMPC) - He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
14. Isaiah 26:3 (ESV) - You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
These are just a few of the great, rewarding and excellent promises of God littered all over the Bible. The capacity of this article will fail me to continue with the list. Moreover, we need adequate enlightenment on how to appropriate them for our all-round benefit. Therefore, stay tuned for part 5. Shalom!
Scripture Reading - Joshua 21:45; Proverbs 3:5-6; Joshua 1:7-9; John 10:10.
Exuberant Declaration: I have the great and precious promises of God that agree with and attest to my identity in Christ. As I confess them, they yield great results because of the magnitude of God's goodness in my life. Hallelujah!